Following the action organised by BeCA on 20 April to "welcome" FedEx in Liège, you can have a look at these articles and videos that were produced:
- CanalZ (20 April 2017): "FedEx se développe à Liège" (go to 1:45)
- RTBF (20 April 2017): "FedEx débarque à Bierset: quel avenir pour Liege Airport ?" (go to 2:30)
- L'Echo (21 April 2017): "FedEx relie désormais Liège à son réseau"
- Le Soir (21 April 2017): "Fedex fait de Liège son 'hub le plus performant'"
- Cargo Forwarder Global (26 April 2017): "FedEx Lands at Liege Airport"
- Cargo Forwarder Global (31 July 2017): "Belgian Pilots’ Union Challenges FedEx’s European Operations"Belgian Pilots’ Union Challenges FedEx’s European Operations"
On 3 April 2017, BeCA held a Press Conference to raise awareness on three important issues that threaten employment in Europe and the future of the Belgian and European cargo industry. You can read our Press Release here.
Below a few links to press articles and interviews on the subject matter:
On 23 January 2017, Christophe Verleye, BeCA's Executive Secretary and Captain at Brussels Airlines, was interviewed following the publication of 900 vacancies for pilot positions. He talks about the difficulties of the pilot profession. To have a look at the video and the article, please visit RTL website.
On 14 December, Rudy Pont, BeCA Air Safety Committee Chairman, was on the radio (VRT) to talk about pay to fly practices and the new employment models that do not benefit pilots nor safety. You can read the short article and listen to his interview (in NL) here.
Following BeCA's Press Release on 20 April expressing our concerns on the situation at Belgocontrol, you can find below a few articles that were published in the Belgian media.