Following BeCA's press release issued on 21 October and our Press Conference held on 26 October, denouncing FedEx's questionable operations in Europe and the potential negative consequences of the FedEx/TNT merge, you can find below a list of articles (in French) that were published in the media:
Following BeCA's Press Release issued on 11 September 2015, calling for a withdrawal of traffic rights given to Ethiopian Airlines by the Belgian Transport Minister, a few articles were published in the media. You can read them below:
- Article on La Libre (FR) (16/10/2015) - Les pilotes entrent en piste contre Galant
- Article on metronews.be (FR) (11/09/15) - Droits de trafic aérien : l’association des pilotes demande à Galant de revenir sur sa décision en faveur d’Ethiopian
- Article on De Standaard (NL) (11/09/15) - Piloten: ‘Trafiekrechten Ethiopian Airlines bedreiging voor Belgische tewerkstelling’
On 27 May 2015, Belgocontrol, the Belgian company in charge of the Air Traffic Control, suffered from an electrical failure that paralysed the Belgian airspace for most of the day (from 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM), with many flights cancelled and redirected. BeCA was interviewed on this incident, expressing our misunderstanding on the reasons why the backups did not work. It is important that lessons be drawn from the incident to ensure it does not happen again in the future. You can
According to a recent study carried out by the University of Ghent, one sixth of European pilots have "atypical contracts". The European Cockpit Association, our European structure, held a briefing on this study. Following this, you can read this interesting article (in French), summing up the main elements of the briefing.
Le Soir, 27 March 2015 - Les pilotes «indépendants», un statut dangereux pour la sécurité aérienne
Following the tragic accident of Germanwings flight 4U9525 that took place on 24 March 2015 in the French Alps, BeCA responded to a lot of journalists' questions and participated in several debates, at the radio or on TV. You can find below a list of them with the links to the article/video/podcast.
- Video and podcasts (in French)
- News broadcast of 26 March 2015, 7.30 PM, on RTBF - (go to 20th minute to see BeCA President)
- Radio Program "Midi Première" on La Première, 27 March 2015
- Mise au point, on RTBF, on 29 March 2015 - (go to 29.50 minutes to see the debate on the accident)
- Articles (in Dutch)
- De Standaard, 26 March 2015 - ‘Piloten worden om de zes maanden gescreend’
- De Morgen, 27 March 2015 - Ook Belgische piloten veroordelen lekken van informatie en speculaties
- HLH.be, 27 March 2015 - Ook Belgische piloten veroordelen lekken van informatie en speculaties
- Up in the sky, 29 March 2015 - Had de gezagvoerder van Germanwings-rampvlucht een bijl?
- Other interesting articles on this accident
- (in English) The age comment, 28 March 2015 - Two-person rule in cockpit fails to address mental health problem in airline industry