On 18 February 2015, the Belgian TV channel "RTBF" broacasted an interesting TV report (in French) with three main questions:
- Why are there so many air accidents?
- Does the profession of pilot still inspire dream?
- Who benefits from the "war of the air"?
On 14 February 2015, the RTBF published an article and dedicated 5 minutes of their daily TV news report on pilots' training issues:
On 14 May 2014, Flanders today published an article on the lawsuit initiated by some Belgian operators against Ryanair on the grounds of unfair competition.
You cand read this interesting article online.
In the fall of 2013, debates within the EU institutions were ongoing about the new Flight and Duty Time rules that the European Aviation Safety Agency was drafting. This period was a very important and decisive moment on this topic. You can find below a few articles in French and Dutch that echoed these developments.
- 10 October 2013 - Le Soir: Temps de vol : L'Europe impose ses conditions aux pilotes
- 1 October 2013 - HLN: Hogewerkdruk en vermoeidheid
- 25 September 2013 - Nieuwsblad.be: Piloten bezorgd over vliegtijden: ‘Zou u in een vliegtuig stappen als u wist dat wij bij landing ruim 22 uur wakker zijn?’
- 4 September 2013 - Le Soir: Les pilotes défendent leurs heures de vol
You can find below two articles in French that were published on 8 January 2013 regarding the merge between UPS and TNT in L'Echo and Le Soir, which stresses BeCA's point of view on this topic. We believe that the merge will mostly benefit the US pilots and might pose a threat to jobs here in Belgium.